Our Maundy Thursday service will be provided only on Facebook Live on Thursday, April 9th at 7:00PM. As this will be a live, real-time service including the celebration of Holy Communion, it will only be available at this time. It will not be recorded for later viewing as the consecration of the elements must be conducted in real-time only.
What will be different Thursday Night is that we will NOT be offering a "drive-thru" or delivery service. This will be the other "authorized" type of service called "Online Communion." Participants who are watching in real-time are invited to have bread and grape juice (grape wine is acceptable) on hand at home. The service and liturgy will be offered live online and participants will partake of the elements as directed at the appropriate time.
Pastor Steve's Important Directive - While a variety of breads (grain-based, no chips, cheetos, doritos, etc.) may be used, it is imperative that the drink must be "the fruit of the vine". In other words, it must be JUICE from grapes (no soda, no other fruit juices).
Now, we assume most people will have some kind of bread available, but not everyone will have grape juice. So, to assist with my "directive" above, we have volunteers who will deliver small containers of grape juice ahead of time to be used during the service. This will keep you from having to get out and go to the store to buy some (stay home and stay safe). If you need grape juice, please click the button below to email us and let us know. Provide number of people to be served.
It is important that you wait until the elements have been consecrated during the Maundy Thursday Service to partake of them. Thank you!
Good Friday - April 10 at 7 pm
Our Good Friday (Tenebrae) Service will be a pre-recorded service (like our previous 3 Sundays) that will "premiere" on both our St. Paul Facebook page and Youtube Channel on Friday, April 10th at 7:00PM.
Here are a couple of suggestions to help you more richly experience the Tenebrae (service of shadows) Service:
1) Wherever you will be watching from, remove other distractions if possible (i.e., things that make excess noise or light; things might draw your attention away from the service, like your phone unless your watching on it).
2) If you have enough candles to do so, light 8 candles near where you are worshiping with us, designating one (possibly the biggest one or a white one) as your Christ Candle. Turn all other lights off in the room. As each reader concludes his or her reading and extinguishes his or her candle, extinguish one of yours as well, saving the Christ Candle for last.
3) If you do not have enough candles, just use 1 candle as your light source and extinguish it as your Christ Candle.
4) If you prefer not to use candles at all, use a single lamp as your only light source. Extinguish it as your Christ Candle.
5) You might also drape your table, desk, etc. (wherever your candles will be placed) with black material. You might also place a cross on the table.
Easter Sunday - April 12
• Live Easter Sunrise Devotional at 6:45 am on Facebook (stpaulumcfs)
• Pre-recorded Easter Worship to premiere on Facebook and YouTube at 8:30 am. Available anytime after.
• Live Communion Service for Drive-thru Communion at 9:30 am on Facebook
• Drive-thru Communion from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at the East Entrance